Please consider booking in advance, we traditionally book up 4 - 6 months in advance, especially during the summer months. The majority of our guests return year after year. Many of our guests book up to one year in advance.
Please check our always up to date availability calendars before making your reservations.
Please submit your reservation to us through our secured online reservation form, or through any of our rental listing sites mentioned on each rental calendar / reservation page or call us to reserve at:
(505) 685-0823, 7 days a week, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time or E - Mail us.
Please specify Casita de Chuparosa or Casita de Azulejo.
We will respond as soon as possible during business hours.
2016 Year Round Rates for both Casita's below - Please read rental agreement policies below:
Casita de Chuparosa and Casita de Azulejo both have a 2 night minimum, sorry no 1 night stays.
Rates subject to change anytime without notice. Your reservation and payment confirms your quoted rate. 2016 -2017rates may change, book early to lock in rates. Holiday and Monthly stays, scroll down. To make it easy to calculate our rates, we charge only one rate, year round for all guests. Sorry no discounts.
- 1 Person rate $150 night or $900 week - book 7 nights/pay for 6 nights
- 2 persons rate $165 night or $990 week - book 7 nights/pay for 6 nights
- 3 persons rate $180 night or $1080 week - book 7 nights/pay for 6 nights
- 4 persons rate $195 night or $1170 week - book 7 nights/pay for 6 nights
- 5 persons rate $210 night or $1260 week - book 7 nights/pay for 6 nights
- Our rate of $150 night is for 1 person. Extra persons (as mentioned above) are only $15 each per night, up to 5 total for Chuparosa, total maximum of 4 guests/possibly 5 is recommended for maximum comfort and a maximum of 4 guests at Azulejo.
- Adding nights to an existing pre-booked reservation does not qualify for a free night discount. i.e. adding 1-2 nights to a 5-6 night booking to obtain a free night or a rate reduction to add extra nights.
- Dog and Horse (Horses Chuparosa only) fee - $10 each per night. See our dogs and horse policies near bottom of this page.
- A one time cleaning fee of $60 is added to all reservations. Taxes included , No other fees or security deposits.
- We do not charge additional booking fees. If you book your reservation through VRBO, AirBNB and Trip Advisor, they each charge additional fees to use their site. If you book directly through us using our secure online reservation form , you avoid paying the extra fees the listing sites charge. Most of their fees average $50 to over $100 per booking.
Check in and Check out times:
- Check in: anytime after 4:00 p.m. to Sunset. Early check in possible, if no guests checking out that same morning. Please check with us the evening before or the morning of your arrival. After dark check in, please contact us to receive key location. We don't advise check in after dark, as locations are more difficult to find after dark, many guests stay in Albuquerque or Santa Fe their first night so to arrive in Abiquiu during daylight hours.
- Check out by 11:00 a.m. - Later checkouts possible at no extra charge, if no guests checking in later that day. Please check with us on the morning of your departure.
Major Holiday Stays:
- 5 night minimum for the following holidays: Easter, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Chanukah , Christmas and New Years.
- Many of our repeat guests have stayed for a month, year after year. The rates below are for 1 - 2 guests. Call or e-mail for rates for more than 2 persons. Possibly negotiable depending on time of year booked.
- Months with 28 days = $165 night X 21 nights (7 nights free) = $3465
Months with 29 days = $165 night X 22 nights (7 nights free) = $3630
Months with 30 days = $165 night X 23 nights (7 nights free) = $3795
- We're able to possibly negotiate for certain months of the year or reservations made far in advance. Stays of one month, payments may be divided into 2, 3 or 4 payments to make it convenient for you.
- All major Credit / Debit Cards, Sorry no checks.
- 50% due at booking, balance due 90 days before arrival. Final payment will be billed to card on file on due date. Reservations made within 90 days prior to arrival, full payment due at booking. See cancellation policies below.
- One credit card only per payment. Please no splitting of charges between guests using more than one card. Suggestion - One guest pay first payment and other guest make final payment.
- We are a small operation so cancellations affect us greatly.
- Vacation homes operate differently from hotels. We have only 2 properties and when a guest cancels with short notice, it's very difficult to rent your time slot. We are not a big business and our chances of re-renting a weekend, week or a month grow exponentially lower as the date draws nearer.
- Many of our guests make reservations up to one year in advance, Particularly in the Peak Season we have to turn away many requests for reservations because our Casitas have been reserved. As a result our cancellation policy is written to discourage those who would make a reservation without being committed to honoring their commitment with us. There are two payments required of those who wish to make a reservation - 50% is due at booking and the 50% balance is due 90 days before arrival.
- Cause of Cancellation: Please note that our cancellation policy is not dependent on the cause of the cancellation. We are unable to be responsible for elements such as bad weather; flight delays or cancellations; illnesses or injuries; family, pet, or work emergencies; or even the most unfortunate of unexpected events, a death. Please be aware that you have the option of purchasing "trip insurance" that would protect you from the costs that could be incurred due to an unforeseen cancellation. There are many suppliers of trip insurance and they are easily found on the Internet or often times, through your credit card provider.
- We encourage you to purchase Travel Insurance. It's a small price to pay if an emergency were to occur, you have additional recourse for canceling your stay and potentially obtaining a refund. Travel insurance is usually reasonably priced (as low as 2 to 5% of the trip cost) and would be entirely up to you to research and purchase. More trip insurance info below.
- We are not responsible for the weather, flight delays, acts of nature or mistakes you may have made with your reserved dates/itinerary or flight schedules during your trip. Thank you for understanding!
Our Cancellation Policies:
Prior to 90 days before arrival:
- After you've made your reservation, you may change your reserved dates up to 90 days before arrival at no extra charge, only 1 change permitted per reservation. Extra changes within 90 days, a $25 handling charge will apply. You may cancel your reservations up to 90 days before arrival for a full refund minus 4% of total credit/debit card charges, minus a $25 handling charge.
Within 90 days of arrival: Changes and Cancellations.
- Sorry no changes permitted within 90 days prior to arrival. Other guests seeking your time slot have usually seen our Availability calendar showing these dates have been booked. Usually they have already made other arrangements and booked other accommodations within 90 days of arrival to Abiquiu. This is considered short notice, since we usually book up 4-6 months and up to a over a year in advance. Others may have seen that we have been booked for the time you reserved, many months prior and may not expect a cancellation and those considering staying at our place, have by now made other arrangements. Under certain circumstances, If we do approve a change within 90 days, there will be no more additional changes or refunds permitted. (Usually we can be flexible, if your new dates are not far off from your original arrival date). Please consider buying trip insurance for peace of mind.
- You many cancel your reservations within 90 to 60 days prior to arrival for a Full Refund minus a 20% handling charge and an additional 4% credit card charge, Refunds only if we're able to rebook your dates reserved. Feel free to check our online calendar to see if your reserved dates have been rebooked. Cancellations made 90-60 days before arrival. We open up your reserved dates on our online availability calendar, We advise potential guests of the dates now available on our online calendar & promote the opening on our Facebook page & the Abiquiu, New Mexico Facebook page. We do our very best to promote the nights you originally reserved. If were unable to rebook your stay for all of your reserved dates, sorry no refund or credit. Your refund will be credited to your credit / debit card on file within 72 hours from the last date you reserved minus a 3% credit card charge and $75 handling fee.
Within 60 days prior to arrival: Sorry, NO changes, refunds or credit:
- If you transfer your reservations to friends/family, they are responsible for reimbursing you for the Casita lodging costs. We will not refund you and re-charge the new guests.
- Situations do come up! Please consider purchasing Trip Insurance mentioned below.
- Your final payment due date (90 days before arrival) will be mentioned on your initial E-mail confirmation from us. If you do not receive your e-mail confirmation, please contact us immediately to make sure we have your correct e-mail address.
- We will send you a payment reminder e-mail 1 week before final payment is due, to give you time to contact us if you need to change your Credit card number. If we do not hear from you by the final payment due date, we will charge your card on file for the final payment due. It is up to you to remember your final payment due date and to contact us for any reason, prior to your final payment due date. We are not responsible for correspondence from us not received by you, if you've changed your e-mail address or our e-mail to you has gone to your spam file.
Trip Insurance recommended:
- Please consider buying trip insurance for peace of mind.
- CSA Travel ProtectionSafeguard your trip with CSA Travel ProtectionEven the best planned trip can be impacted by the unexpected, forcing you to cancel or interrupt your trip, lose your vacation investment and incur unplanned expenses. Get the peace of mind you deserve by purchasing a plan from CSA Travel Protection.
About CSA Travel ProtectionCSA Travel Protection, a Europ Assistance company, is dedicated to providing affordable travel insurance and emergency assistance services to protect travelers’ valuable investments and provide the peace of mind one deserves while traveling.
Exceeding ExpectationsCSA has developed a reputation for standing behind its customers and by offering products and services to meet their needs. Through superior customer service, extensive experience and industry-leading innovation, CSA is with its clients every step of the way, whenever and wherever they are needed.
Why Buy CSA Guest Protect Travel Insurance
Why Buy CSA Vacation Rental Damage Protection
If you have any questions or comments about our plans, select any of the following options to contact us. Our customer service staff will be happy to assist you with questions about buying a vacation insurance policy or your existing CSA policy.
If you are on your trip and need Emergency Assistance, please contact our Assistance Provider.
Customer Service Representatives are available to assist you:6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday Pacific Time6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday and Sunday Pacific TimeTelephone (866) 999-4018 - (800) 318-0179 Please submit your comments and questions by e-mail to email@example.com
- Gift certificates valid 1 year from issue date, may be extended one time only by contacting us before expiration date. All cancellation policies apply to gift certificate recipients.
- All guests must agree to our cancellation polices above and rental terms below. Thank you!
- Upon making your reservation and payment, you will be receiving an e-mail confirmation, upon receipt of confirmation, you have agreed to the following rental terms and have agreed to our cancellation policies.
- We kindly request that street shoes be removed upon entering Casitas, to keep floors and Original Native American rugs clean.
- Casita de Azulejo guests must agree to close and lock road gate at all times when entering and exiting road to & from the home. There is also a secondary gate at the property that must be closed and locked during your outings and upon your departure. This gate may be remained opened and unlocked at your own discretion when you're occupying the home. Lock combinations change between guests and will be provided to you, along with key location in a final confirmation e-mail a week before your arrival.
- Any furnishing rearranged , must be returned to original location. Including returning books, magazines, etc. back to book shelves etc.
- Kitchen dishes must be washed, dried and put away. Counters clean, Stove surface cleaned (Please use Frying pan splatter guard provided while cooking), Coffee maker & Coffee thermos emptied & cleaned. Oven cleaned of all splatters. (Please cook using pot lids of aluminum foil). Refrigerator emptied of food brought with you, unless you notify us that you will be leaving items, so not to be wasteful.
- All trash cans (Kitchen and Bathroom) inside Casita emptied (Trash cans located on the side of your Casita near your back courtyard gate at Chuparosa and behind the house at Azulejo.
- Casita de Chuparosa guests - If you use the Charcoal BBQ (!st bag of charcoal provided) , Scoop all old briquets into covered Ash bin next to BBQ. Grill & BBQ tools to be cleaned after usage (Fork, tongs, etc). BBQ must be wheeled out from under Portal (Patio roof).
- Casita de Azulejo guests -.Weber Propane BBQ, Grill & BBQ tools to be cleaned after usage (Fork, tongs, etc). BBQ must be wheeled out from under Portal (Patio roof).
- Fireplaces DON'T need to be cleaned, but please keep inside Fireplace Hearth clean and please be tidy when bringing firewood inside. Fireplace instructions in home manual in each home. Please be sure to make sure the flue (Vent handle) is in the open position when using fireplace and closed after fire is extinguished.
- Please leave sheets on beds, no need to make or strip beds. Please do not wash sheets, towels or rugs. There are lots of extra pillows in the Casitas, if you use a pillow, please do not put it back in closet without removing Pillowcases, so we know it's been used. Used towels may all be put in the shower. If you do need to wash sheets, please wash sheets in cold water only and removes sheets from dryer immediately to prevent wrinkling.
- Casita de Chuparosa guests - Breakfast & Coffee provisions provided are for Breakfast consumption only. Not to be consumed for meals ofher than breakfast. Many guests in the past have overly consumed breakfast provisions for all of their meals.
- Any provisions such as Laundry Detergent, Spices, Condiments, Pantry provisions should be replaced if overly consumed. i.e. Excessive use of Laundry Detergent: Staying 2 nights and bringing a week's worth of laundry.
- Parents of children under age 18 must agree to terms on website. Scroll down.
- Pet Owners must agree to terms on website. Scroll down.
- Casita de Chuparosa guests - Hot Tub users must agree to terms on website. Scroll down.
- NO Smoking inside or near building - Smokers please read terms on website.
- Please advise us of any breakages. Replacement of items will be discussed before departure for reimbursement or replacement. We know accidents happen, usually breaking a wine glass is no big deal, but just let us know of any breakages.
- Please be considerate and energy conscious of Heat and Air Conditioning usage and turn off during your outings. Please close windows when using A/C and heater. Owners have the right to enter Casita to turn off A/C if left on during your outings. Thank you! :)
- Please do not take items that do not belong to you....i.e. DVD's, C.D.'s, Books, etc. If you do want to borrow a book from our expansive O'Keeffe - New Mexico - Architecture book collection, Please let us know and it's usually OK, if you send the book(s) back to us in a timely manner. Good Karma backatcha!
- Upon your departure - Please leave key on key hook inside at Chuparosa and leave key in original location at Azulejo. Key must be returned within 1 week or a lost key fee of $25 will be charged to your credit card on file.
- The Casitas must be tidy upon your departure. Owner has the right to charge renters credit card for any damages caused by pets or to charge renters for dry cleaning of comforters, blankets and throw rugs or to replace broken items.
- No firearms allowed.
- No guests, including children, in excess of the number specified in your reservation shall occupy the property. Guests in excess of the reserved number will result in immediate termination of the occupancy of the property with no refund of rental amount.
No Groups or Parties
- We love our guests, but loud or unruly tenants will not be tolerated. Both of our homes are located in residential areas and will not be used for weddings, receptions, parties, or any other gatherings or group functions. Unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Please check out on time, unless prior arrangements have been made to stay later. On most occasions, if no guests are checking in on the day of your departure, you may extend your day stay at no extra charge, Our Housekeeper named Monce' shows up at 11:30 on days there are guests checking in that afternoon. Please do not leave the kitchen (or any other area) a huge mess for Monce' to face. Monce' works hard to feed her family & all of this payment goes to her. Be respectful. You can leave your sheets on the bed (with the spread thrown back, so she'll know you used the room) & your towels in the bathroom or laundry area. If you'd like to tip her a little extra, for any help she may have provided, you're welcome to. She is a diligent, caring & very willing to help make your stay comfortable.
- Thank you and have a great time! Thank you to our guests that have left us over 340+ Online Guest Reviews!
Children welcome, with adult supervision:
- Children under 18 under must be supervised by adults at all times and especially around our Llamas and Mini Donkeys. Children under 18, not allowed in hot tub without supervision. Because of wildlife, it's advisable to supervise younger children. Lots of Original Native / Local Artwork & Paintings in Casita and the back courtyard has a fragile zen rock garden. Guests are responsible for breakage and damage. Thanks!
Dogs and Horses (Horses for Casita de Chuparosa only) both welcomed with prior permission:
- Casita de Chuparosa Guests - We are pet friendly - We enjoy the company of our Paint Horse 'Buster", 2 Llamas 'Cusco' and 'Cinder', and the 3 mini Donkey's 'Shawnee', 'Sunny' and 'Lolita'. (They stand only 3 feet high) ! In addition to our Cardigan Corgi named 'Soloman - a.k.a. 'Sully' and "Minnie" our mini Tibetan terrier. Also our precious Cats, 'Chumley' and 'Bibi'. For those of you with allergies, the Donkey and Llama Barn is located downwind 1000 feet from the Casita. Our friendly dogs are only allowed in the common areas, if invited by guests.
- Both Homes - Small Dogs OK (30 lbs. or under), First pet $10 per night. 2nd pet, $10 per night. Size Exceptions considered with more conditions.....Larger pets considered with guarantee of being clean, well behaved & housebroken. We have a hepa filter vacuum cleaner and guests who bring pets may use vacuum to remove all pet hair from Casita floors. Please do not submit Online reservation form without contacting us first if your dog weighs more than 30 lbs or if you have more than one dog. Exceptions considered.
- We also respect guests with Pet Allergies. Sorry as much as we love cats, cats not permitted. Many people are much more allergic to cats than dogs. Casita meticulously cleaned between guest visits with hepa filter vacuum and non toxic cleaners. Some guests who have brought horses, have brought their cats that sleep in their horse trailer.
- Casita de Chuparosa - Front & Back Courtyards completely fenced in, 4.5 feet high fences w/Gates. The back courtyard is for guests pet usage. Dogs are not to roam around in front courtyard, to not interfere with the 100's of birds and many rabbits & squirrels that visit the front yard feeders everyday.
- Casita de Azulejo - No fenced in yards
- Dog food & water bowls provided at Casita de Chuparosa.
- We do not have fleas or ticks in our high elevation area. We appreciate that your pet arrive flea-free.
- Pets must be taken with you on all outings, no leaving of pets unattended, unless prior arrangements are made with us to take your pet outside. With our prior permission, guests may bring crates for their dogs that are crate trained and do not bark excessively when guests are away for short outings.
- Sheets are provided to protect furnishings from shedding. Also extra towels to dry off dogs during wet weather. All furnishings MUST be covered by owners whose pets go up on furnishings.
- We are located on 28 acres (Casita de Chuparosa) and 10 acres (Casita de Azulejo) and we sit ¼ mile off the road. We still require that you keep your pet on a leash and clean up after walking your pet. Plastic bags must be carried by owners to pick up after dogs on the property. Poop/scoop container provided in front and back courtyards at Casita de Chuparosa, Droppings may be put in plastic bags and disposed in trash can at Casita de Azulejo. Yards must be clean of your pets droppings upon departure.
- Dogs must be on leash to avoid chasing wildlife and our Ranch animals. Exceptions considered for dogs that are well mannered and stay by owners sides. OK for Pets to run free at Casita de Azulejo, be aware of wildlife. Rabbits, Coyotes.
- Renters are asked to read our pet policies when making a reservation and agree to allow us to charge their credit card on file for any damages incurred by their pet(s) during their stay.
Horses at Casita de Chuparosa - No Horses at Casita de Azulejo:
- Miles & miles of onsite walking and riding trails.
- Bring your horses for only $10 each per night. Guests are required to bring their own hay and feed their own horses. We provide a barn stall, paddock and a 1 acre turnout area, plenty of fresh water daily (Heated in Winter). Horses must be current on vaccinations, which is required to bring horses into New Mexico. Guests are required to clean stalls and paddocks of all horse manure. Manure carts and manure forks provided. If you prefer not to clean, we can clean for an additional $10 per horse, per day.
- Absolutely NO smoking in the Casita, near the building or in the Casita de Chuparosa Hot Tub area. If you do need to smoke, Please smoke away from open windows or doors. Please bring a water glass with you to extinguish your cigarette butt. NO butts to be left on property. We live in a dry, highly flammable area.
Hot Tub for Casita de Chuparosa Guests, No Hot Tub at Casita de Azulejo:
- Hot Tub is available year round. The Hot Tub Spa is located down a 250' long trail from your Casita back door. It is very private, it is located on an elevated deck between 2 trees and very far away from neighboring homes. It is a Hot Springs Jetsetter, It seats 2 comfortably.....3 cozy and 4 like a can of sardines.
- The hot tub is cleaned and water topped off daily.
- Extra Large Spa Towels are in each bedroom closet and are provided for up to 4 guests. The tub temp in cooler months is 103. In warmer months, 100-101 - Depending how warm the nights are. No pets or smoking in hot tub area allowed.
- This is your own private hot tub, only for Casita de Chuparosa guests only. Please shower before using Hot Tub to wash off sweat, shampoo, make up, hair products residue, deodorant etc. If water is cloudy the next day, Owner will need to empty hot tub and refill the tub. It will then not be available for usage for another 24 hours to allow the water to heat up again. There will be a $25 refill charge applied to your credit card on file.
- No glassware around tub, Plastic wineglasses and plastic glassware available in your Casita kitchen. NO smoking around Hot tub.
- Tub is covered to keep it warm and clean, it has 4 bungee cords to hold cover on. Guests are responsible for re-clipping the cover so it doesn't blow away, If you forget to clip the cover after usage, you may be responsible for a replacement cover if it blows away and is damaged. Your credit card on file will be charged $350 for replacement costs.
No Firearms, Hunting or Cleaning of fish or any other hunted animals allowed on property or stored in Kitchen refrigerators.
- We make every attempt to accommodate the special needs of our guests. It is impossible, however, for us to proactively ask about every conceivable condition or requirement of a guest. Therefore, it is your responsibility to notify us at the time of your booking of any special needs for anyone in your group. This includes, but is not limited to, dietary requirements; physical limitations; allergies (food, pet, environmental); intolerances; or sensitivities (chemical or otherwise). If you need to cancel your reservation or depart and we were not notified of your special needs at the time of your booking, you are responsible for payment for any portion of your reservation that we could not rebook.
Please check our Always up to date availability calendar before submitting your reservation or contacting us by phone
(505) 685-0823. 7 days a week, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Mountain Time. We will respond as soon as possible during business hours.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. COPYRIGHT 2005
CASITA DE CHUPAROSA - CASITA DE AZULEJO, ABIQUIU, NEW MEXICO
CASITA DE CHUPAROSA - CASITA DE AZULEJO, ABIQUIU, NEW MEXICO